Tuesday, November 24, 2009

some of my makeup favs!

so... the all day at the library thing is not nearly as exciting as I had hoped. Here are some makeup pictures. These are my current favs for face makeup. I'm going to wait for some sunlight before I post more. :)

This isn't my entire collection btw. This is only part of the small percentage that I brought with me to school. :)

This is a closeup of the NYX Lake Moss trio. I used it over the weekend and it was ok - not as smooth as the Runway palettes.


My face makeup brushes:
L-R: Sephora angled blush brush, MAC 129, MAC 109, MAC 190, Sephora small blush brush (I think it's d/c now), EOB concealer and foundation brushes


Eye makeup brushes:
L-R: NARS #16 (HG, use this everyday), cheapo round brush, Scott Barnes crease brush (similar to MAC 224 but smaller), Sonia Kashuk small e/s brush, Sephora large e/s brush, MAC SE #266, fine e/l brush from the art store, Sephora round crease brush, MAC 217, MAC 219
My HG blushes!
clockwise from top left: (OMG this pic is so orange - I'll try to take a better pic soon) - NARS Torrid, MAC Fleur Power, Taupe (great for contour), Trace Gold, Dame; NARS Orgasm, Angelika, Madly, Outlaw, Sin, and Deep Throat
HG highlighters:
Shu P Gold 93D blusher (it just looks like glowy skin - Shu F&F is supposed to start next week!), WnW All over shimmer (I think it's d/c/), MAC Perfect Topping MSF

My Rock and Republic blush in Kinky!
LOVE the hot pink shade and the luxurious packaging. I keep the box because it's so cute!


Concealer/full coverage foundations:
CoverFX cream foundation in M30, MAC full coverage foundation in NW20 (only use this under eyes), Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX07 - amazing pigmentation

everyday face makeup (L-R):
The Face Shop BB cream (good for everyday)
MAC hyper real foundation in NC200 (imparts a really lovely finish but has only sheer coverage so I can only wear this on good skin days)
DHC Q10 cream foundation in yellow ocher (comparable to Revlon colorstay but better IMO)
EL Doublewear foundation in Sand (my workhorse foundation - lasts all day on my oily skin.)

Chanel glossimers! I ended up giving a lot of these away because I'm not in love with glossimers anymore (too thick) but I just love this pic because they are so pretty! You can click to enlarge to see the names of the colors.

an old pic of my UD e/s collection: I have a few more now, but this is still the bulk of it. My favs are blunt, midnight cowboy, and midnight cowgirl:

a better pic of some of my NARS. I got rid of that NARS e/s duo because it was really chalky but I still use everything else. My favs from here are the blushes, Night Clubbing e/s, and Thunderball e/s.

Hard Candy eyeshadow quads! (before they went to Wal Mart). These were really underrated and great quality for the price. My favs are the bottom 3. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great collection! You have such amazing things! I'd love to try NARS and Urban Decay but they're not available here...oh well, at least somebody gets to buy them! =)

Catherine said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm actually in Warren too! LOL! What a small world huh? Where are you going to law school now? I'm actually in the middle of my grad school apps.

Lovely collection you have here!! I'm thinking of investing in a few NARS blushes soon....

lorien kate said...

Great collection!! Thankyou for saying that Estee Lauder is good for oily skin, my nose is like oil central, so Ill def be trying this foundation! Fingers crossed it works for me :D x Ps Love your blog x

Maui (Suushh) said...

Love your blush collection :)