I'm posting this from NYC! I'm here for the orientation for my new job.
So the six things I am grateful for this week are:
1) having gainful employment at a place that gives me the opportunity to explore an amazing city.
2) having the ability and energy to decide to refocus my energies. I think it's way too easy to get stuck into a rut thinking you want something simply because that is what everyone else wants, then to get really down when that doesn't work out for you. For me that thing has been dating - to put it bluntly, dating in Los Angeles has been a complete mess. So I've decided to just completely place my dating efforts on indefinite hiatus and instead focus on getting in amazing shape and kick starting my awesome new career. So look forward to some more health and career posts soon! I am just exhausted with trying to date and don't even want to think about it for a while.
3) living in downtown la! I just moved in and it is awesome. I love being close to so many awesome bars and restaurants, and there's always something to do.
4) Dior rouge lipstick in 169. The perfect nudish MLBB shade that also happens to be moisturizing and have the perfect balmy texture.
5) urban decay eyeliner in zero. The perfect creamy black liner.
6) urban decay all nighter spray - it keeps my face looking flawless for hours.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Autumn is my favorite season. I know resolutions are meant for the new year, but autumn is so closely tied with new beginnings for me because it has historically marked the start of school. So in celebration of autumn, I thought I'd post some of my fall resolutions.
My fitness routine generally comes and goes, but in light of the fact that I'm finally settling down into my own place (no roommates for the first time, ever!) and starting my first "real" job, I figured I should get started on a routine fitness regimen that fits into my life. I generally prefer morning workouts, as they allow me the freedom to spend my evenings as I wish.
I'm still working out what time I'll have to get up to work out and get ready for work, but I think my regimen will consist mostly of cardio for approximately 30 minutes, some stretching, and some weights.
To kickstart the fun, I've decided to force myself into a little bootcamp of sorts to really get my butt into gear. I leave for NYC next week for work, so I figured this would be the perfect time to do it.
I'm also trying to become a responsible adult about my budget. This past weekend was spent moving into my new apartment, and it made me beyond excited, but also made me realize that I'm solely and fully responsible for my life now. That feeling was (is) exhilarating but also a little frightening, so I've developed a budget that I'll be trying very hard to stick to.
I really cannot wait to start sharing more photos of my life with you guys on here. The apartment is still a mess but I hope to have some more furniture in there soon!
Posted by Soo at 6:56 AM
Sunday, October 7, 2012
I've been totally MIA lately - I placed TSS on hiatus while I was in Europe, and my life has been a zoo for the last two weeks while I've been trying to get all the pieces in place for my move and my new job.
The six things that have me loving life this week:
1. My amazing family and friends helping me with my move.
2. The wonderful memories that I made in Europe.
3. The fact that aforementioned family and friends have been helping me deal with the boy from hell that seemed so nice in the beginning (but don't they all?) Seriously, people - be happy with your OWN life before you throw yourself out into the dating world!
4. IKEA furniture!! Cute and cheap (but the putting together part... not so much!)
5. The weather in LA finally cooling down enough so that I don't feel completely out of place or foolish rocking some darker nail polishes.
6. The beginning of a new season! I love fall - with its gorgeous foliage, crisp weather, the suggestion of winter, the piling on of scarves... pumpkin scented everything. It's going to be a gorgeous season - can you feel it?
Posted by Soo at 7:22 AM