Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn Resolutions



Autumn is my favorite season.  I know resolutions are meant for the new year, but autumn is so closely tied with new beginnings for me because it has historically marked the start of school.  So in celebration of autumn, I thought I'd post some of my fall resolutions.

My fitness routine generally comes and goes, but in light of the fact that I'm finally settling down into my own place (no roommates for the first time, ever!) and starting my first "real" job, I figured I should get started on a routine fitness regimen that fits into my life.  I generally prefer morning workouts, as they allow me the freedom to spend my evenings as I wish.

I'm still working out what time I'll have to get up to work out and get ready for work, but I think my regimen will consist mostly of cardio for approximately 30 minutes, some stretching, and some weights.

To kickstart the fun, I've decided to force myself into a little bootcamp of sorts to really get my butt into gear.  I leave for NYC next week for work, so I figured this would be the perfect time to do it.

I'm also trying to become a responsible adult about my budget.  This past weekend was spent moving into my new apartment, and it made me beyond excited, but also made me realize that I'm solely and fully responsible for my life now.  That feeling was (is) exhilarating but also a little frightening, so I've developed a budget that I'll be trying very hard to stick to.

I really cannot wait to start sharing more photos of my life with you guys on here.  The apartment is still a mess but I hope to have some more furniture in there soon!

No comments: