Friday, November 12, 2010

Skincare Product Rave

Bath and Body Works recently had a sale on their entire website for 20% off, so I decided to spring for the Pat Wexler MD MMPI Skin Regenerating Serum. When the line first debuted several years ago, I was pretty skeptical about it. I had read about Pat Wexler rather often in magazines, and knew that she was a very successful dermatologist, but I still figured, "A skincare line at BBW? eh" Also, given that it was a skincare line sold at BBW, the price point was steeper than I was willing to pay.

However, I've recently been encountering several rave reviews for this serum, so when the coupon rolled around, I figured I would give it a shot.

I got the 1 oz jar, which normally retails for $55:
The product itself is hot pink! It makes me happy every time I open it!


In the past, I've tried various serums and potions that claimed to smooth, brighten, tighten my skin, etc. and none of them worked.

This serum, on the other hand, is amazing! It's fragrance free so it doesn't bother me at all. Texture-wise, it's really interesting. It feels very silicone-y and in that sense, it reminds me a bit of Estee Lauder's Idealist skin refinisher and Biotherm Source Therapie. However, with both the EL and the Biotherm, I felt that the effects were extremely temporary. They made my skin feel smoother and more refined when I applied the product, but when I washed it off at the end of the day, my skin still had the same blotches and bumps.

Not so with the Pat Wexler serum! Upon initial application, it is honestly a bit weird because it feels so silicone-y and even left my skin feeling slightly sticky. However, I followed up with a moisturizer (as recommended), and that got rid of the stickiness. I use it 2x a day - in the morning, I just use the serum + my trusty Aveeno SPF 70 sunblock, and at night, I use the serum with Korres sugar crystal cream.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I can't say enough good things about it. It has really evened out my skintone (which can be a bit blotchy at times). Also, I've had these tiny bumps on the right side of my face for the past few years that NO exfoliator or cleanser could get rid of, and within 2 weeks of using this serum, they're almost nonexistent. This serum is seriously amazing and it's the first really effective skincare product I've encountered in a LONG time.

The BBW website is currently having a great deal on a giant sized jar (3.4 oz) for only $65. I'm beginning to wish I'd gotten that one instead!

I'm so impressed with this product that I'm beginning to look into the rest of Pat Wexler's line. Have any of you guys had any experiences with it? Any recommendations?

(first image is from the BBW website)

3 comments:

Apriljoy said...

I love the skin regenerating serum! Not many people talk about Pat Wexler so I was surprised there as a post about it! You should try her De-Puff Eye Gel it is awesome!

Love your blog!

^-^ Apriljoy

Shop N' Chomp said...

That's awesome that this works so well for you! I have tried this but b/c my skin is so sensitive and acne prone it somehow broke me out. :\

(Haha…that was my reaction too! ;)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Thanks, Sylvia! (Hee hee...I know your name now :) Yes, purty please get back to regular blogging!!

I had to google Candice Swanepoel. *dies from gorgeousness* I totally envy girls that look gorgeous even without any makeup. I on the other hand, need at least my tinted moisturizer to feel somewhat normal...ha!