Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday Beauty Haul!

I had an amazing time turning 26 this year. My boyfriend flew across the country to come see me, and we ate lots of great food, did some sightseeing, and then topped it off with a night of fun with some of my best friends.

I wanted to share with you guys some of the fun beauty items that I received!

My boyfriend knows that one of my favorite scents is Bath and Body Works' holiday scent Twisted Peppermint so he got me a ton of goodies from that line, which just recently re-launched this year. It is a gorgeous candy cane scent - peppermint with a hint of sugar and vanilla, so that it just leaves your skin smelling like cotton candy!

I got this adorable hand soap and lotion set:
I haven't had a chance to try the hand soap yet, but I've used their hand soaps before, and love them. I couldn't resist tearing into the hand lotion, though, and it's amazing! I wish they sold this separately - it is smooth and thick, gorgeously scented, and sinks in quickly without leaving any greasy residue. I also like the handy pump packaging - it causes me to moisturize my hands more often (always a good thing as I tend to neglect them).

He also got me the matching body wash and antibacterial foaming hand wash:

I don't know if it's just me but I just love foaming products - there is something so decadent and luxurious about them. I also love that it's antibacterial - nobody likes germs!

My bf also spoiled me by getting me Creed Spring Flowers and Philosophy's Gingerbread Man scrub!

I've been lusting after this perfume forever but always balked at the high price tag. It was designed for Audrey Hepburn's wedding and smells absolutely amazing - the website describes it as having top notes of peach, melon, apple; middle notes of jasmine and rose; and base notes of musk and ambergris. It smells really feminine and gorgeous without smelling too young.

I also really wanted the gingerbread man scrub as I love everything gingerbread cookie related since I love the holidays and love the way gingerbread cookies smell! Philosophy scrubs work really well, so I can't wait to use this sometime soon.


My friend Jo also got me a bunch of goodies - one of which was this adorable mini cupcake lipgloss set! They're just too cute to use - they have different scents and they are just ridiculously cute. I have been wanting to buy something like this for a while but couldn't bring myself to buy it because it seems like such a frivolous item. I love looking at these though - they make me happy!



Overall, it was one of the best birthdays ever, and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Now I'm just waiting on my Sephora FF package to arrive - it's supposed to get here tomorrow. I only got a Dior e/s quint in Mystic Smokys since I got just about everything else I want at my birthday! I am thinking of making a few more orders to buy some Christmas presents though.

What about you guys? Are you waiting on anything in the mail? I've been going crazy with tons of shopping from F21 lately, but I'm trying to be good now!

(BBW product photos are from their website)

1 comment:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey! How are you? Happy belated b-day! So sweet of your bf and friend to buy you those lovely gifts. :D