Happy New Year! I'm sorry my blog has been so terribly neglected but I *finally* got a smartphone so I am looking forward to posting a lot more this year! Last year was a big year for me - I got an offer at my dream job and ended a 2.5 year relationship that had to be ended. Now I'm on a mission to make 2012 the best year ever.
I turn 28 this year, graduate law school, take the bar, start work ... all kinds of big things are in store for me!
I recently realized that during law school I completely neglected myself and let my priorities for who *I* am fall to the wayside ... so this year I'm all about reclaiming them and getting back in touch with myself. So my New Year's resolutions are the following:
1) get back in touch with my love of movies and books (I'm determined to get through some Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Kerouac in the next few months)
2) pay attention to current events again (I started a subscription to the Economist and I've been plowing through it)
3) be a productive person (in every sense of the word)
4) stop cursing (this is a big one for me)
5) limit my spending (more on this later)
6) get really really fit while I have the time (always, right?)
7) get back in touch with my love of languages... read more in French, Spanish, and study more Mandarin!
As far as my spending goes, I've decided to force myself to go on a shopping moratorium for beauty products and figured this blog would be the best way of keeping myself accountable. I'm starting my own little Project 10 Pan and I won't be allowed to make any "fun" purchases until I use up 10 makeup or skincare products. "Fun" products are ANY skincare/makeup products that are NOT replacements. Wish me luck!
I've also set this image as the wallpaper for my phone:
It's been very inspirational and helpful for me lately... keeping me motivated!
Will post more very soon.